Friday 27 December 2013

Is anyone of us perfect, I doubt it.


Anyone who knows me will know that I have been through some serious life changes and that I have been judged by many for my appearance and a lot of my life choices.  Anyway it was the fact that people judge others but often need to look at themselves first that inspired this piece of  poetry.  I don't see it as one of my better works but I thought no point in only sharing the good.


Perfect?


Walking along, down any street
How do you judge those that you meet?
Is it the colour of their skin?
Or that they are too fat or thin?

Being pushed in a wheelchair?
Or perhaps they have different hair!
They may be young with a pram,
Wearing high heels, looking glam.

What are the judgements that you make
Within that first glance you take
Fat and lazy? skinny and broke?
Having a baby but no bloke?

Immigrants living on the dole,
Putting your country in a hole
Benefit fraud, can really walk
Since when do you have room to talk?

Are you perfect to make that call?
Sit in judgement above them all.
That is the type of attitude
Which shows a person who is rude!

What do they see when you walk by?
Are you really a perfect guy?
Is your body exactly right?
Is your history snowy white?

Next time you judge, just stop and think
Are you perhaps too fond of drink?
Do you smoke or did you sniff glue?
No one is perfect, not even you!

Freda Brodie (April 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment