Thursday 2 January 2014

A new start

This poem was written about my reaction when I found out, 6 months after it happened, that my uncle who had abused me was dead.  I still live with the pain and mental anguish his abuse caused me but at least I know I'll never have to see him ever again and that his death was a painful one.

A New Start

All of my life I have lived with the pain.
You wouldn’t or couldn’t accept the blame.
Just a conspiracy is what you said
Some years later I was told you were dead

It’s over now was all they could say
But something important happened that day
The anger I had held throughout the years
Finally exploded from me in tears

I kicked and I shouted and punched and screamed,
About how really unfair it all seemed.
You had escaped without hearing from me,
The way you had caused my whole life to be.

When I calmed back down I realised that
You dying wasn’t the end but the start.
It was a beginning for me to see
My life the way I wanted it to be.

There’ll be no more anger, and no more pain,
No more will I see you time and again
You cause no more fear, that’s gone from my heart
Because your death gave me a brand new start.




Freda 2000

No comments:

Post a Comment