Saturday 4 January 2014

Today I give you

a poem I wrote at a very low place in my life, a place I hoped I'd never visit again but I seem to be quite close to it thanks to people who I though were my family and my life.



I Die

Here I am, but where am I?
I am with my friends, where are they?
I am alone.

Surrounded by darkness, during the day.
The sun shines, but it is dark.
I am afraid.

Take me home, I am home.
I need to feel wanted, I am not.
I hunger for love.

Fill my needs, I have few.
My thirst needs quenched,
I am drowning.

Alone, yet surrounded by people.
Afraid where I should be safe.
Unwanted when I need cared for.

Drowning in hurt and anger.
Needing calm and contentment.
Darkness overcomes me.

I sleep to take away the pain,
Dream to escape all.
Sleep forever, no pain, no hurt.

Death is the endless sleep,
It takes all anger away.

No feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment