Tuesday 14 January 2014

Started over a year ago

and found when I was looking out poetry to post on here.  I had a look at this amended and finished it.  I am sure many of my friends can relate to this particular poem.

SAD


Deep down are tears
They rise to the brink
Occasionally tumbling down my cheek
Forcing my eyes to blink

There s a nasty sick feeling deep down inside
A sadness I don’t understand
Hopelessness that festers and grows
Working it’s tricks, underhand

There’s no reason or rhyme to how I feel
How I suffer and hide it away
Why I need help and guidance and love
To make all of this go away

Some days these feelings are far too strong
Then all I want is some sleep
To pretend that the badness has all gone
To let happy in my head creep

I don't want this feeling to be in control
It's wrong and its bad
I can't let it go on the way that it has
This feeling I'm told is called SAD.

One day I am sure happy will be
The stronger of all my emotion
Then SAD will be gone from my head
Maybe somewhere there's a potion

Till then I will fight to keep up the power
To keep the bad feelings at bay
Let cheery thoughts inside my head
And become more happy each day.




Freda Jan 2014






No comments:

Post a Comment